1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. eForum is back online! You can read more about the transition here

SMS Marketing?

Discussion in 'Mobile Marketing' started by Hafisa2012, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hafisa2012

Hafisa2012 Junior Member

Hey any buddy know what is SMS marketing because i am listening so many times SMS marketing is really good for business. so is it true..?

2. Website Magick

Website Magick Established Member

I moved your thread to Mobile Marketing which is more appropriate for the topic.

I personally find text messages from marketers very annoying and either opt out or put them on my ignore list.

3. Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar Junior Member

Yes it's True, SMS Marketing is runing in this time. If you can arrange Mob. No. than You can easily sent multiple SMS on those Number with the help of free sms site like - way2sms, 160by2, site2sms, sms7.in, fullonsms .

4. nencyfrantz

nencyfrantz Junior Member

SMS marketing is a new technique of marketing to transfer marketing communication to interesting customers. It is the cheap and easier way to promote your items or brand across the world.

5. blackspade

blackspade Junior Member

yes sms marketing are fast growing online trends for companies and private business owner to promote their product, service and alerts. You can start your own sms marketing service buy purchasing sms sending software, bulk mobile phone and email database. Or you can earn through commission which some website provide. I know few good website where you can buy services for sending bulk sms.

Link: Bulk SMS Services

6. Dan Ramthun

Dan Ramthun Junior Member

SMS, or text messaging can be a very effective and affordable way to market a business and can be used in so many creative ways to bring in business. Customers will opt-in to your SMS campaign by texting a keyword to a designated number, many times in exchange for a coupon or special offer, and can stop anytime. You can instantly send nearly any marketing message to anyone with a cell phone and can literally start to bring in new business within minutes with the right offer/message! If your customer has a phone you can market to them with about 98% open rates... compare that to your email open rates!

Click here http://www.getmorebusiness.co for more info

7. Xamaran

Xamaran Junior Member

I have never used such a method, it will be necessary to try

8. vanithamadhi

vanithamadhi Junior Member

We can get you started with SMS marketing faster than you can say, “Can you hear me now?” Think about this: 91% of the U.S. has a cell phone, 95% of cell phones have SMS capabilities, and, on average, text messages are read within four minutes.
    5d theater bangalore

5d theater hyderabad

9. Michael James Swan

Michael James Swan Staff Member Moderator

I have found that SMS Marketing is generally a waste of time unless your company has the MUST HAVE Product.

I find that receiving text messages from companies or marketing agencies are very annoying and I just delete them and if they continue to send me messages, I normally would ring the company and request that they remove me from their list otherwise I will sue them for harassment.

10. Michael James Swan

Michael James Swan Staff Member Moderator

You say that some are useful, but surely the ones that are not useful annoy you?

11. THE SEO PROZ

THE SEO PROZ Junior Member

SMS marketing is a very effective tool. The problem I have found is that many people do not take the time to laser target their messages. Website Magick mentioned above that he finds them annoying and opts out of them, the problem is that whoever is sending them has failed to do enough demographics research. Mike, if the only text messages you got saved you money on your favorite items;would you still opt out?

-Travis
    THE SEO PROZ

12. Nit Patel

Nit Patel Junior Member

Best Market sms

13. eastvantage

eastvantage Junior Member

Yeah me too, so I think it's not really a good idea. My opinion.

14. Jennifernew

Jennifernew Junior Member

SMS marketing is done using a mobile device to transfer marketing communication to interested consumers. It's an area that is gaining a great deal of interest by businesses both small and large. Which of course is understandable, considering that 70% of the world population now have a mobile phone. SMS Marketing is considered to be one of the more direct and personal forms of marketing. An info graphic done by Microsoft predicts that in 2014, mobile internet usage will overtake desktop internet usage. Which makes sense, considering that already in 2011, more than 50% of all “local” searches are done from a mobile device.
    Blackberry Covers Blackberry Trackpad

15. Dan Ramthun

Dan Ramthun Junior Member

Unfortunately there are some companies who don't abide by the laws on spam texting. Any legitimate text (SMS) campaign only sends messages to those who have opted-in to receive texts which you can also opt-out from at any time you no longer want to receive their messages, thus no annoying and unwanted texts.
    Mobile Marketing Info

16. portugalroosters

portugalroosters Junior Member

SMS marketing is the best way to reach into the people! Now a days most of the peoples using mobile phones and maximum number of peoples will read sms daily, so that people will aware of the product .....

17. garcarstive

garcarstive Junior Member

Of course In this newly technology times it is very effective marketing tool to spread your business product and service. Most of the business persons use this strategy because it is most popular and easy technique to compare than others.

18. newcavendishjewellers

newcavendishjewellers Junior Member

How much effective sms marketing

19. George Smith

George Smith Junior Member

This is one of the new way to reach target audience or user in this SMS marketing you can reach no of users at very quick short period of time just by one SMS. This is done by mobile technology & this is well proven method to increase business & directly engage to customers. There are so many company come to in this SMS marking business and they are providing very good bulk SMS software facility.

20. newcavendishjewellers

newcavendishjewellers Junior Member

How much effective this